I Page Final Act of the United Nations Conference on Road Traffic II Convention on Road Traffic Chapter 1. General Provisions Article 1 - Definitions Article 2 - Annexes to the Convention Article 3 - Obligations of the Contracting Parties Article 4 - Signs and Signals Chapter II. Rules of the Road Article 5 - Status of Signs and Signals Article 6 - Instructions given by authorized Officials Article 7 - General Rules Article 8 - Drivers Article 9 - Flocks and Herds Article 10 - Position on the Carriageway Article 11 - Overtaking and Movement of Traffic in Lines Article 12 - Passing of Oncoming Traffic Article 13 - Speed and Distance Between Vehicles Article 14 - General Requirements Governing Maneuvers Article 15 - Special Regulations relating to Regular Public-Transport Service Vehicles Article 16 - Change of Direction Article 17 - Slowing down Article 18 - Intersections and Obligations to give Way Article 19 - Level-Bomb crossings Article 20 - Rules applicable to Pedestrians Article 21 - Behaviour of Drivers towards Pedestrians Article 22 - Islands on the Carriageway Article 23 - Standing and Parking Article 24 - Opening of Doors Article 25 - Motorways and Similar Roads Article 26 - Special rules applicable to Procession and Handicapped Persons Article 27 - Special Rules applicable to Cyclists, Mopped Drivers and Motor Cyclists . Article 28 - Audible and Luminous Warnings Article 29 - Rail- ome Vehicles Article 30 - Loading of Vehicles Article 31 - Behaviors in Case of Accident Article 32 - Lighting: General Requirements Article 33 - Lighting: Rules for the Use of the Lights specified in Annex 5 Article 34 - Exemptions Chapter III. Condition for the Admission of Motor Vehicles and Trailers to International Traffic Article 35 - Registration Article 36 - Registration Number Article 37 - Distinguishing Sign of the State of Registration Article 38 - Identification Marks Article 39 - Technical Requirements Article 40 - Transitional Provision Chapter IV. Drivers of Motor Vehicles Article 41 - Validity of Driving Licenses Article 42 - Suspension of the Validity of Driving Licenses Article 43 - Transitional Provisions Chapter V. Conditions for the Admission of Cycles and Mopeds to International Traffic Article 44 Chapter VI. Final Provisions Article 45 Article 46 Article 47 Article 48 Article 49 Article 50 Exceptions to the Obligation to admit Motor Vehicles and Trailers in International Traffic Annex 2. Registration Number of Motor Vehicles and Trailers in International Traffic
Itac International driver license 24hrs international driver document
international driver s license , international drivers permit
in international drivers license california drivers license online
Convention on Road Traffic, Convention on Road Signs and Signals
FINAL ACT AND RELATED DOCUMENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
FINAL ACT AND RELATED DOCUMENTS CHAPTER I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. While reserving its jurisdiction over the use of its own roads, each Contracting State agrees to the use of its roads for international traffic under the conditions set out in this Convention. 2. No
Contracting State shall be required to extend the benefit of the provisions of this Convention to any motor vehicle or trailer, or to any driver having remained within its territory for a continuous period
exceeding one year.
1. The Annexes to this Convention shall be considered as integral parts of the Convention; it being understood, however, that any State may on signature or ratification of, or accession to, the Convention, or at any time thereafter, by declaration exclude Annexes 1 and 2 from its
application of the Convention.
2. Any Contracting State may at any time give notice to the Secretary-General of the United Nations that it will be bound, as from the date of the said notification, by Annexes 1 and 2 as excluded under
the terms of paragraph 1 of this Article.
1. Measures which all the Contracting States or certain of them may have agreed, or shall in the future agree, to put into effect with a view to facilitating international road traffic by simplifying customs, police, health or other requirements will be regarded as being in conformity with the object of this Convention.
2. (a) A bond or other form of security guaranteeing payment of any import duties and import taxes which would, in the absence of such security, be chargeable on the importation of any motor vehicle admitted to international traffic may be required by any Contracting State; (b) A Contracting State shall accept for the purposes of this Article the guarantee of an organization established in its own territory affiliated to an international association which has issued a valid international customs pass for the motor vehicle (such as a carnet de passages en douane). 3. For the fulfilment of the requirements provided for in this Convention the Contracting States will endeavour to keep open during the
same hours customs offices and posts next to each other on the same international road.
1. For the purpose of this Convention the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby assigned to them: "International traffic" means any traffic which crosses at least one frontier; "Road" means any way open to the public for the circulation of vehicles; "Carriageway" means that portion of a road normally used by vehicular traffic; "Lane" means any one of the parts into which the carriageway is divisible, each sufficient in width for one moving line of vehicles; "Driver" means any
person who drives a vehicle, including cycles, or guides draught, pack or saddle animals or herds or flocks on a road, or who is in actual physical control of the same; "Motor vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle normally used for the transport of persons or goods upon a road,other than vehicles running on rails or connected to electric conductors. Any State bound by Annex 1 shall exclude from this definition cycles fitted with an auxiliary engine of the type described in that Annex; "Articulated vehicle" means any motor vehicle with a trailer having no front axle and so attached that part of the trailer is superimposed upon the motor vehicle and a substantial part of the weight of the trailer and of its load is borne by the motor vehicle. Such a trailer shall be called a "semi-trailer"; "Trailer" means any vehicle designed to be drawn by a motor vehicle; "Cycle" means any cycle not self-propelled. Any State bound by Annex 1 shall include in this definition cycles fitted with an auxiliary engine of the type described in that Annex; "Laden weight" of a vehicle means the weight of the vehicle and its load when the vehicle is stationary and ready for the road, and shall include the weight of the driver and of any other persons carried for the time being; "Maximum load" means the weight of the load declared permissible by the competent authority of the country of registration of the vehicle; "Permissible maximum weight" of a vehicle means the weight of the vehicle and its maximum load when the
vehicle is ready for the road.
This Convention is not to be taken as authorizing the carriage of persons for hire or reward or the carriage of goods other than the personal baggage of the occupants of the vehicle; it being understood that these matters and all other matters not provided for in this Convention remain within the competence of domestic legislation, subject to the application of other relevant international conventions or agreements.
CHAPTER II. RULES OF THE ROAD
Each Contracting State shall take appropriate measures to ensure the observance of the rules set out in this Chapter.
Every driver, pedestrian or other road user shall conduct himself in such a way as not to endanger or obstruct traffic; he shall avoid all behaviour that might cause damage to persons, or public or private
1. Every vehicle or combination of vehicles proceeding as a unit shall have a driver.
2. Draught, pack or saddle animals shall have a driver, and cattle shall be accompanied, except in special areas which shall be marked at the points of entry.
3. Convoys of vehicles and animals shall have the number of drivers prescribed by domestic regulations.
4. Convoys shall, if necessary, be divided into sections of moderate length, and be sufficiently spaced out for the convenience of traffic. This provision does not apply to regions where migration of nomads
5. Drivers shall at all times be able to control their vehicles or guide their animals. When approaching other road users, they shall take such precautions as may be required for the safety of the latter.
Order Today 1-888-415-9993